BUILDING CHICAGO'S YOUTH
Education. Community. Financial Literacy. Faith.
more about us
Get involved where it matters
Connect with us and make a real difference to the life of youth in Chicago.
serve the whole child
While we do focus on providing academic support, there is more to success. To that end, we also provide mentoring, counseling, financial assistance and enrichments to ensure that our youth can achieve their full potential.
what we do
- Diamond Status is a girls mentoring program designed to encourage, inform, and motivate young women into becoming everything God has planned for them to be. Meetings are held on the first Friday of every month at 7:00p.m. and are open to the public.
- Club IMPACT is a monthly fellowship of young men of various ages that enables members to encourage each other while being open about struggles, victories and the journeys in their lives as a Christian. Meetings are held on the second Friday of every month at 7:00p.m. and are open to the public.
- PYS Sundays Every 4th Sunday from 10:00AM –11:00AM, PYS Staff holds a class to teach real life skills, including financial literacy, career readiness, college preparation, relationship management and safety. These sessions are free and open to the public.
- Tutoring services are available every 1st and 3rd Sunday after the 11:30AM service. Tutoring is provided by qualified educators and is for students up to the 12th grade.
- Youth Summer Camp Every summer, PYS hosts up to 100 children (aged 3-14) from the Chicagoland area for a week-long summer youth camp. Capped on the last day by an overnight sleepover party, this week is led by degreed and trained camp leaders. This is a fun week that teaches kids teamwork, creativity and how to have fun – all woven together into a powerful message for self-development.
- Events PYS Sponsors a variety of activities designed for and created by our youth! These include concerts, plays, open mics, workshops, and so much more! Additionally, our youth participate in trips and tours to expose them to new cultural and educational opportunities.
We are growing!
These are just some of our offerings, but we believe in continuous growth. If you or your organization has an idea for additional service and support, we would love to hear from you!
how you can help
Started in 2004, the Planning Your Success Scholarship has awarded over $25,000 in privately funded donations to at-risk students in the Chicagoland area.
Read more about our scholarship below!